Ever heard of Mangofile? I hadn’t – until I followed this IT Showcase link. Apparently, Mangofile is a virtual filing cabinet solution which, when combined with a PC and scanner, can remove all the piles of paper you might have scattered around your office. One of the case studies is from UK AEC business Carillion.
The "interesting facts from Mangofile about paper document management costs" were, well … interesting:
- 95% of all information is stored on paper
- Each document filed costs £14.00.
- 80% of a secretary’s day is spent finding or filing paper-based information.
- 60% of the worker’s time is spent working with documents.
- A Document, once filed, is referred to on average once every 2 years.
- Documents are copied 19 times on average.
- Each document misfiled costs £84.00.
- A company’s stored documents double every 5 years.