Buildiro, a new mobile application aimed at independent construction contractors while also helping builders merchants get online, is being launched in London.
In February 2019, I wrote about Buildiro, a start-up which was trial-launching a mobile application aimed at independent construction contractors while also helping builders merchants get online. A wider launch across London is now under way, with Apple and Android versions of the mobile app available from 30 September, and a launch event in London on 10 October 2019.
The proposition remains broadly the same. Buildiro is described as “the world’s first mobile app for materials procurement which solves the key challenge of knowing stock availability thereby eliminating wasted time spent driving to merchants to source items.” By resolving inventory issues, tradespeople become more productive and merchants build better customer relationships with live online stock availability. Buildiro says thousands of customers have been able to source materials up to 30% faster following the first trial earlier this year. Founder Lukas Polach, right, says:
“Not only do tradespeople need to save time and money in their search for supplies, but in the hyper-competitive materials-supply trade, builders’ merchants need innovative ways to attract current and potential customers to their stores. Buildiro delivers just that. When merchants post their inventories to Buildiro, they are not only helping tradespeople source supplies faster, more cost-effectively and in a more environmentally-friendly way, they are also opening themselves up to new sales opportunities.”
Buildiro was trialled by merchants including Bradfords Building Supplies, JMD Building & DIY Supplies and Lakedale Power Tools. Lee Church of JMD Building & DIY Supplies, a family-run supplier in Hailsham said:
“I’ve been in the industry 20 years, and Buildiro is something that I knew the industry needed. We won’t have people turning up wanting things and then being disappointed if we don’t have them. Because stock availability is already in the app, tradespeople know what we have and what they are coming in to collect.”
Tradespeople reviews have been positive with comments including:
- “Buildiro is the best app to find all the details on required tools and best pricing”
- “Definitely on to a winner with this app. As this app grows it will become a vital tool for trades of all kinds”
- “Amazing app as I work in a lot of different places and it’s very handy to help me find everything I need.”
Buildiro’s merchant-focused features include:
- Better data sharing – When a tradesperson searches for materials within the Buildiro app, the algorithm records the product, location and time, so that data can be shared with participating merchants. Merchants can then analyse customers’ buying habits and need for materials, and so better serve their customers in the future through more targeted stocking and marketing.
- A click-and-collect payment option gives customers the ability to purchase over 500,000 products 24/7, even when the merchants’ trade counter is closed, helping merchants fulfill orders faster and more efficiently.
- E-invoicing – Buildiro can be configured to generate a PDF sales receipt, which can be linked to any accounting software for ease of processing. This feature saves merchants’ time and helps their customers to seamlessly comply with the UK’s Making Tax Digital scheme.
- Buildiro also runs an incentive programme for participating merchants. Every merchant that joins (free to join) will receive a waiver on the first 100 Buildiro sales they process. After this period, Buildiro will collect a small percentage of every sale to fund development of the app.
Buildiro will be available from the Google Play and Apple app stores from 30 September and is currently expanding its list of merchants. On 10 October 2019, it is hosting a launch event at Impact Hub King’s Cross for tradespeople and merchants.