The first episode of AEC Tech TV went live on 3 September 2020. The construction technology video magazine show is co-presented by Extranet Evolution editor Paul Wilkinson and Aarni Heiskanen of Finland-based AEC Business (see Covering the contech space: AECTech.TV).
AEC Tech TV episode 1
Topics covered in the first show included contributions from Europe, the United States and Australasia:
- immersive collaborative virtual reality (VR)
- the UK IET report “Good Data for the Common Good” (EE post)
- Building information modelling (BIM) for FM
- the challenges of running a virtual AEC Hackathon, and
- Bimspot.io, an Austrian BIM technology startup.
Audience reaction to the first show has been positive, and a stream of contribution enquiries has started to flow. Heiskanen, right, says he has already recorded two items for the second episode with further recordings scheduled ahead of the next release: on 10 September 2020.
“This is a new venture and we learned a lot in creating the first show,” Wilkinson says. “There were a few rough edges, but we aim to get more polished as we expand our knowledge and work with new contributors on existing and new content slots.”
AEC Tech TV is a weekly online show that features people and companies that envision, develop, and implement transformative digital technologies for the built environment. Each recorded show is also available via the AEC TechTV YouTube channel for online viewing 24/7 – where viewers can also quickly shift to the segment(s) that interest them most.
To share your experiences, insights, and ideas on the show, email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can contribute.
Update (11 September 2020) –
AEC Tech TV episode 2
The second show includes items on:
- International BIM standards and the UK BIM Framework
- A Loughborough University research report on COVID-19 and construction
- Paul Doherty talking about COVID-19
- The RIB Nordic Connex BIM mobile viewer application (EE post)
- A view on blockchain from Digibuild
- Plans for a virtual hackathon run by Garage48 in Estonia