Cadalyst reports that Adobe intends to release the full PDF (portable document format) v1.7 specification to AIIM, the Enterprise Content Management Association, for the purpose of publication by the ISO (International Organization for Standardization). It is, says Adobe’s Kevin Lynch, “the next logical step in the evolution of PDF from de facto standard to a formal, de jure standard.” View the original Adobe release here, and reaction from CAD blogger Deelip Menezes (the associated comments regarding DWF are also interesting).
Permanent link to this article: https://extranetevolution.com/2007/02/pdf_to_become_i/
What’s hot in Contech
In Extranet Evolution, Paul Wilkinson covers the latest developments in SaaS, mobile, BIM, and other software technologies in construction. He also co-presents the #contech video news show AECTechTV.
- thinkproject appoints new CEO
- Openbuilt spreads its “wings of transformation”
- Bentley collaborates with Nvidia
- thinkproject acquires UK-based Formworks
- RIB Group grows revenues 24% in 2020
- Bentley acquires E7
- Atlas ICAS targets healthcare market
- Bentley’s billion dollar buy: geoscience tech vendor Seequent
- Unity acquires AEC AR tech vendor VisualLive
- Microsoft Mesh mixed reality opens Bentley collaboration
EEPaul on TwitterMy Tweets
Get Extranet Evolution by email
AEC Tech TV : episode 3
AEC Tech TV : episode 4
AEC Tech TV : episode 5
AEC Tech TV : episode 6
AEC Tech TV : episode 7
Construction information technology specialist with extensive experience of the UK architecture, engineering and construction and ICT markets (among others). Also does PR and marketing.