The programme for the 2008 London international BuildingSMART conference has been published. The one-day event – enticingly (ha, ha!) entitled “The STAND-INN Route to Sustainability and Value for Money in Construction and FM using BIM/IFCs” – is to be held again at the RIBA in London, on Wednesday 25 June. The day includes:
- sessions on sustainability (with perspectives from Germany, Finland and UK)
- a BIMstorm event (BuildLondonLive [plus blog], following on from the LA event)
- break-out sessions including ones on standards, creating a market for sustainable buildings, life cycle costing, and contracts and insurance
- UK case studies (from BDP, ZBP and Davis Langdon, among others)
- Overseas case studies (some appear to be updates of the same projects presented in April last year)
The event sponsors appear to include Bentley, ZBP and Uniting Construction Information. I think this is the first time I’ve seen the UCI logo, so a launch must be imminent (as mentioned at the IT in Construction event), but it is long overdue: the various construction IT groups first started talking about it around two years ago (see September 2006 post). ICT is supposed to be a fast-moving industry – here, I think, the UCI has adopted the pace of change of the construction sector!