Nominations for the 25 categories in the 2013 Construction Computing Awards opened on 4 July, and close on 5 September. Comparing the awards from last year, the 2013 Awards event in London on 21 November will feature five new awards:
- Construction Computing Marketing Campaign of 2013
- IT Project of the Year in the Public Sector
- BIM Project of the Year
- Architectural Design Software
- Collaboration Project of the Year
This year’s event will not feature:
- Superbrand of 2013
- E-Commerce product of the year – perhaps now just part of construction accounting?
- Structural Analysis Product of the Year – too much overlap with the structural design award?
- Wide Format Printer of the Year – is printing now passé?
Otherwise, it’s the usual mix of sometimes overlapping award categories, with lots of scope to enter products and companies across multiple categories and hopefully walk away with a trophy. Shortlisted candidates will be announced and online voting will start on 12 September; voting will close on 7 November.
Sponsors for 2013 so far include: 4Projects, MPS, NBS, Nemetschek Vectorworks, Redsky IT and Sypro.
[Post updated at 1845pm, 9 July 2013 – two categories were was omitted from Category page, but included in Nominations. ]