Chris Parsons, CEO and founder of US-based Knowledge Architecture, provider of AEC intranet solutions and organiser of the annual US conference, KA Connect (post) – 2015’s is in San Francisco in May – is running a knowledge management survey. He writes:
The statistics from the survey will help AEC firms evaluate their use of knowledge management in comparison to peer firms and competitors, as well as implement new strategies for managing knowledge.
The survey will cover the following areas:
- Strategic Priorities for Knowledge Management
- Core Knowledge Management Processes
- Supporting Activities for Knowledge Management
- Knowledge Management Leadership
- Successes, Challenges, and the Year Ahead
You’ll be able to review your results in two ways:
- Personal Summary and Detail: See your responses with KM performance gaps highlighted.
- Benchmarking Summary: See side-by-side highlights of your responses and what others in the AEC industry said.
The deadline for participating is Friday, April 3, 2015.
Who should participate? Architecture, engineering, planning, or environmental consulting firms; construction contractors and construction managers; speciality AEC contractors and consultants.
The survey should be completed by the individual with the highest responsibility for knowledge management issues or any firm leader who can accurately answer questions about the firm’s KM priorities, processes, and people. And you do not need to be a Knowledge Architecture client or KA Connect attendee to participate.