I’ve mentioned its imminent launch a couple of times recently but now it’s official: Aconox Mobile for iPad. The Melbourne, Australia-based SaaS collaboration vendor Aconex launched an iPhone app in May last year (post), and has now expanded its portfolio to include an iPad app (already winner of the 2012 Australian Mobile Award for Project Management), and an inspection and snagging application, Aconex Field (also a winner in the same awards)
I had a sneak preview of the iPad app earlier this summer from Aconex co-founder and general manager, product Rob Phillpot, and, over lunch in London recently, his colleague and fellow co-founder CEO Leigh Jasper, told me their apps were a response to growing demand for mobile access to Aconex across multiple devices. Aconex users can now log-in via their iPads to:
- capture photos, video and audio on site for communication and onward distribution
- access and manage latest project documents and communications anywhere any time
- review images and drawings, and add comments and updates to colleagues
- manage tasks and issues, and communicate associated action items
- view and edit project information offline (ie: when a mobile connection is unavailable), and then synchronise files with the Aconex platform when connectivity is restored
According to Aconex’s news release, the iPad app offers all of the same benefits as the iPhone app, plus the ability to review and update documents and drawings on a larger display and keypad.