UK-based construction collaboration technology vendor Asite has released an updated version of its platform. The Spring ’10 release went ‘live’ during the evening of Friday 14 May 2010, meaning all Asite users subsequently had access to new functionality (see PDF), including:
- Asite’s new cMOB interface (see previous post), including mobile-enabled versions of Asite Site Manager for snagging, project risks and opportunities, and Electronic Goods Receipting (GRN). Mobile platform support apparently includes: Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android and Blackberry.
- support for access from the Safari 4.0.4 Web Browser
- enhancements to Asite’s portal, including search for building industry news and information using a new search portlet from Memoori (I am particularly pleased about this as I met Memoori’s Jim McHale at the first Be2camp event in October 2008 and have kept in touch with him ever since)
- improvements to Asite’s Workspaces
- numerous Document Manager enhancements.
If you are an Asite user and you didn’t find improvements you wanted in this release, there is a new poll in Asite’s community forum allowing users to vote for what they would like to see in the next release (participants go into a draw to win an iPod Nano). Ideas include:
- Add ability to specify the folders in scope when searching
- Same User Profile with Photo across all applications
- Prince 2 Application within App Library
- Automatic login from Link
- Allow access to the forum and other parts of Asite at the same time
- Improvement to Asite icons